Ruinas Faro Punta Borinquen, or simply The Ruins, is one of the most historic and unique spots in Puerto Rico, as well as a truly magical spot for Puerto Rico destination weddings and elopements on the beach. An elaborate lighthouse was built on this location by the Spanish in 1889. In 1918, an earthquake struck the area and damaged the beautiful building irreparably. Over the past century, nature has reclaimed The Ruins, enhancing its rustic beauty. Not only are The Ruins perfect for a Puerto Rico sunset wedding, the photo opportunities are endless both on the property as well as the deserted beach where it sits. Take a look at our video, and contact us for more details about having your Puerto Rico destination wedding at sunset at The Ruins!
- Situated on a deserted beach with amazing photo opportunities all around.
- Stunning natural setting requires minimal décor.
- West-facing, perfect for sunset weddings.
- Accommodates up to 100 guests, great for intimate elopements.
- Many beach-front accommodations nearby.
- Minutes from Aguadilla BQN international airport, two hours from San Juan.
- No permit necessary.
- Only usage fee is a suggested donation to the non-profit group Rescate Playas Borinquen.