We’ve been busy with weddings, which has been wonderful. Not only do we love seeing so many happy couples, we’ve been able to fine-tune our COVID safety and compliance policies and systems. If people can legally and safely visit Puerto Rico, we are delighted to continue to legally and safely perform open-air, small and intimate weddings, with appropriate precautions. Here are five things we’re doing differently for weddings during COVID:
5. The entire team is wearing a mask, except the officiant during the ceremony. And, we’re only doing outside, open-air weddings with less than twenty guests.
4. For legal ceremonies, we’re recommending budgeting 1-2 months for your marriage license, instead of 1-2 weeks. (we can provide paperwork and a letter explaining the circumstances, to use in the meanwhile, which many HR departments are accepting.)
3. We’re super flexible with rescheduling. The only thing we aren’t offering is refunds.
2. We’ll greet you with a smile and eye contact, rather than a hug or handshake.
1. In a COVID silver lining, we’re taking care of all paperwork online. Our couples don’t even need to go to the government offices; they can email us everything in advance before they even come to Puerto Rico. (And, we’re praying that the powers that be don’t ever change back to the ‘normal’ system!)
We are continually adapting the way we do weddings during COVID, doing everything in our power to ensure that our lovely couples have beautiful, safe weddings in Puerto Rico. If you want more information about having your wedding with Puerto Rico Destination Weddings please fill out our contact form and we’ll send you information about our wedding packages!
Photo: AJR Photo Studio
Check out some of our recent Friday Fives: Top Five Things We Missed While Under Coronavirus Lockdown, Top Five Unique Wedding Venues in Puerto Rico, Top Five Tips for Writing Your Own Wedding Vows